SharePoint and Office 365 are increasingly being used for critical organizational processes in just about every industry. In fact, businesses are using these platforms to be more competitive and gain market share. Here are some interesting problems companies are solving in various industries.
Oil and Gas
- How to identify the location of traveling employees at the moments notice in case of emergency?
- How to quickly set-up an Emergency Response team infrastructure with all the required procedures, tasks, forms, documentation, phone numbers, etc.?
- How to track, consolidate and provide feedback to hundreds of annual applicants that require 100’s of pages of documents each to be reviewed and validated and presented through committees, every year?
- 1000’s of project RFP responses submitted annually, needs to be routed appropriately, once approved create a trackable project, with various milestones, reviewers, ROI tracking, criteria acceptance levels, post-project reviews, ROI tracking of Actuals vs Forecast?
- The time it takes for a field technician to inspect a unit in the field, identify the problem, request the parts, approve the repair, check the warranty on the part, check the warehouse, receive the part from warehouse or manufacturer, install the part and notify the originator…takes weeks and is costing real dollars for inventory management as well as the company. Many parts that are ordered from the manufacturer are shipped on demand at great cost outside of regular shipping schedule.
Supply Chain Management
- Mid-size company needed to track parts from the manufacturer with all the paperwork to the final destination at a client site. Warranty information, origin details, maintenance requirements to keep it in compliance, repair instructions, etc.
- During client meetings or potential client meetings, access to experts, expertise and historical project data on-demand in order to leverage the tacit and implicit knowledge of the company.
- Tacking the project’s ROI as a continues Agile feedback loop during the project and post-project to identify the forecast vs. actual ROI
- Rotation from area to area leaves many employees with lots of empty cycles as they are transferred to new positions and expected to learn it quickly. Shadowing training techniques are becoming less useful as more and more employees choose to retire and leave the company.
- A central area for users not only to receive a one-way communication, but also to consolidate multiple media communication styles, provide a centralized place for users to contribute, create communities, identify valuable assets of the company, protect and foster a cultural change while becoming a catalyst.
For a complete presentation, see: https://www.ceremity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Using-Office-365-and-SharePoint-to-gain-Market-Share.pdf