Company Background: Ceremity’s existing client and one of the country’s largest providers of personal protective and safety equipment ranging from gloves and boots to radios, smart compressors, and 5-minute packs.
The Challenge: The safety company wanted to stay a step ahead of competitors by providing real-time solutions for inventory tracking and audit and compliance reporting of utilization and maintenance. Facing the challenges that come along with large, multifaceted projects in different geographies, the company sought a solution that would streamline their processes.
Ceremity Solution: Ceremity designed and developed an enterprise solution that provided the organization with a mobile and cloud solution, that streamlined its operations. The solution allows the sales team to generate quotes with standardized pricing, and enables the company provide warehouse management with a complete inventory of every equipment shipment. Equipment check-out and check-in is quick and efficient, making reconciliation of inventories following a project accurate, easily identifying lost or damaged gear.
The solution captures personnel badge information and electronic signature when equipment is checked out and returned at a job site. The system is able to assign an individual a particular piece of equipment and confirm that the very same individual returned the equipment in good working condition. If damage occurred, the individual is held responsible and his or her company is billed at the end of the project. Further, the solution’s digital field tickets allow for real-time equipment monitoring and daily, accurate cost reporting and subsequent invoicing.
- Inventory Management: The company tracks location of their equipment, as well as which operators are using which tools and gear each day of the project.
- Day Sales Outstanding: Since reports and invoices are stored online, as soon as customers approved them the company can invoice, thus dramatically shortening the invoicing process.
- Equipment Inventory: The application provided a better way to track equipment being checked out and checked in and recorded who damaged equipment to hold their company financially responsible.
- Planning: The software created transparency into pricing, inventory, scheduling, and equipment rentals, making planning around large scale projects easier.
- Real-Time Monitoring: Equipment was tracked at all times, offering an organized inventory of what equipment was in use and what was available for a project.