Company Background: A leading independent provider of turnkey, turnaround, millwright, and field machining services, working with refining, petrochemical, pipeline, and power generation industries provides project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects. With headquarters in Houston, the company has twelve full-service facilities across the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest.
The Challenge: The company provides hundreds of skilled resources to their clients’ remote field locations. Receiving accurate timesheet data for each resource, including a detailed breakdown of what work was completed and how long it took, was a challenge. Delays in receiving accurate data resulted in inaccurate records which led to invoicing issues, necessary adjustments, and costly re-bills. They needed to streamline how they collected and documented data, but they also needed to improve accuracy of details and timeliness of data.
Ceremity Solution: Ceremity developed a solution that provided personnel in the field with the ability to apply time to tasks, making data immediately available for planning and accurate billing. The solution also streamlined business reports by improving accuracy and limiting human error and complacency.
Accurate time reporting is just one of the system’s vast capabilities. This cloud-based solution covers a variety of functions key to operations including recording manpower requisition and onboarding, work orders, time tracking, reporting, and much more. The solution’s goal is to make it easy to collect data from the point of origin, reducing inaccuracies.
- Managing job crews
- Time allocation
- Daily timesheet reports
- Equipment allocation
- Gate Logs: in/out entry
- Timesheet generation
- Invoice report
- Request and track manpower
- Client reports
- Electronic signatures
- Dispatch and track resources
The solution is both simple and accurate, and seamlessly integrated into the company’s back office, resulting in saved time and money. All employees from field operators to office/HR personnel could manage data, documents, forms, and timesheets. Additionally, future combination with the company’s SharePoint solution will provide added functionality.
- Reduces home office overhead and moves personnel to the field thus allowing the company to bill for critical resources
- Reduces employee on-boarding cost by approximately $35 per employee
- Reduces dispatch errors and reduces gate log balance issues and overpay of base wages
- Reduces invoicing time by up to 7 days
- Reduces home office payroll time by up to 70%
- Provides detailed daily cost reports
- Reduces cost and communication issues on requisitioning manpower
- Reduces hiring and recruiting staff cost
- Allows company to use core craft more efficient
- Reduces payroll issues and mistakes
- Tracks timesheet submittal to payroll